- All Superinterfaces:
- All Known Implementing Classes:
- DrbAbstractAttribute, DrbDefaultAttribute
public interface DrbAttribute
- extends DrbItem
Generic attribute interface. The attributes are information related to a
specific node (i.e. the owner). Any attribute has a name and corresponding
value. This last value can be set from the owner node or hinerited from a
default value. This ambiguity is important to consider while using attribute
values. For instance the attribute "length"of a specific node, may be equal
to 123 from a default value (i.e. defined by the implementation of the node)
or because it was effectively embedded in the supported data source (e.g. the
XML document). The name of the attribute is unique in the set of attributes
of the same node. No specific contrainst is imposed for the order of
- Name of the attribute. Returns the name of the attribute. This name does
not contain any prefix, path nor any other location or identification
part. This name clearly identfies the attibute in the set of attribute of
the same node. This name is unique is this set. The attribute name is
never an empty string and always exists.
- Specified by:
getName in interface
- The name of the attribute.
- The node the owning the current attribute. Returns a reference to the node
to which belongs this attribute. Because the attribute may have just been
created it may have no owner. This operation is similar to a getParent().
- The owner of the attribute.
- The value type of the attribute. All node have a value according to the
fr.gael.drb.value package. This operation returns the type identifier of
the content of the current attribute. The value of the attribute depends
on the implementation as well as on the attribute itself. This operation
never returns a fr.gael.drb.value.Value.NULL_ID identifier.
- The type of the attribute.
- Get namespace URI. The namespace URI of this attribute, or null if it is
unspecified. This is not a computed value that is the result of a
namespace lookup based on an examination of the namespace declarations in
scope. It is merely the namespace URI given at creation time. The
Namespaces on an attribute does not inherit its namespace from the element
it is attached to. If an attribute is not explicitly given a namespace, it
simply has no namespace
- Specified by:
getNamespaceURI in interface
- The namspace URI or null if unspecified.
- The value of the attribute. The value is expressed accoring to one of the
types supported by the fr.gael.drb.value package. Generally these types
correspond to primitive types (e.g. integer, floatting points, etc.) or
very low level types (e.g. string, date, etc.). On the contrary to DOM
implementation all the types are allowed even the arrays, date etc. Only
the Value.NULL_ID type is forbidden.
- Specified by:
getValue in interface
- The value of the attribute.
- The attribute was explicitly given a value. This operation returns true if
the attribute was explicitly given an value in the data source handled by
the current implementation (e.g. a node of an XML document). Otherwise the
value is inherited from a default value.
- false is a defaulted value or true otherwise.
Copyright© 2001-2009 GAEL Consultant. All rights reserved. Use is subject to license terms .